Localization of sources in mobile radio. E-learning. Artificial Intelligence: neural networks and genetic algorithms. Robotics. Study of advanced components for telecommunications and information processing.
Signals, Systems and Component Laboratory
Department of electrical engineering
Faculty of Sciences & Technologies (http://www.fst-usmba.ac.ma)
University of Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah (http://www.usmba.ac.ma).
Thematic of research and development
- Data processing
- Physics of materials and nano structures
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- 14 Ph-D Doctors
- 3 Engineers
- 21 Doctorants
Research axis and topics
Axis 1 Signals, Systems and Telecommunications
- Sources localization in mobile radiocommunication,
- Artificial intelligence: Network of neurons and genetic algorithms
- Radio communication and wireless Local networks,
- Knowledge management, e-Learning, apprenticeship with ICT
Axis 2 Components and Microelectronics
- Technology of the electronic, optic components, and of the grabbers.
- Components containing semi conduct, of low dimensions - nano structures.
- Modelisation, characterizations and evaluations of reliability.
- CAD of integrated circuits and description by VHDL.
- IP design for the compression and the processing of static and dynamic image (JPEG, JPEG 2000...)
- EMC of the integrated circuits
Axis 3 Optelecom and imagery
Study of the advanced components for telecommunications and the data processing:
- Optical modulation : configurations, modelling and design.
- Characterization of the components for optical telecommunications tops flows
- Making and characterization of new ceramic materials for optics and the radio frequencies.
- Cognition of forms and analyzes scenes : forms 3D tomography.
- Reduction of redundancy and standard of compression
- Architecture of video processing units.
Projects carried out (last five years)
Project 1 : Study and simulation of electroluminescence of electronic and optoelectronics devices
Project -2 The Signal Processing for Telecommunication
Project -3 Design of new structures of converters Analog - Digital Sigma Delta with switch currents High performances for audio applications
Project -4 Crystalline Fibers of Lithium Niobate for the emission Infra-Red.
Project -5 Knowledge MAPping of IT Competencies in the Mediterranean Region and Dialogue Fostering
Project -6 Transport System Intelligent
Project -7 Modelling and design of VLSI architecture of the JPEG2000 coder -Video and implementation on a FPGA programmable circuit