- Routing in future networks (protocols and algorithms)
- Enhancement of the quality of service for real time and multimedia applications
- Optimization of the complexity in the future networks, Internet, Wireless sensor networks, Vehicular Ad hoc networks, Mobile Ad hoc Networks (Medium Access Control, routing, security etc.)
- ICT for learning and E-learning
- Swarm intelligence for comutational problems such as traveling salesman problem, vehicle routing problem etc
- ICT for access to cultural resources
- Internet and semantic Web
The computer science department exists since 1992 and belongs to the Mohamed Khider University of Biskra (Algerian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research).
It forms: Senior technician, state engineers, masters and doctors in computer science.
Our department organizes different scientific events such as SNIB (National conference in computer science every two years).
Our staff is divided in professor, associate professors, assistant professors and the administrative staff.
There are many scientific research topics shared between different researchers in the computer science department of Biskra University such as: networking, data mining, image, artificial intelligence, optimization, VLSI etc.