- Wireless Intelligent Networks including Cognitive Radio, Elastic Sensor Networks and Internet of Things
- Informatics Science including Cloud Computing, P2P Systems, Ubiquitous Systems, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Imaging and Data Mining
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Embedded Systems
Nile University (NU) is a non-profit research university established in Egypt in July 2006 by the Egyptian Foundation for Technological Education Development (EFTED). NU is a research university, offering graduate and undergraduate studies in engineering, technology, management and management of technology (MOT). NU's emphasis in research and development (R&D) activities is in the area of communications and information technology. NU is also a strategic partner of the recently established Egypt-IBM Nanotechnology Research Center
NU has established a number of research centers:
- Wireless Intelligent Networks Center "WINC", which serves as a research center on Wireless Communications.
- Center for Informatics Science (CIS), specialized in bioinfomatics, medical informatics and medical imaging. The Center also hosts Nubios, the first bioinformatics server in Egypt,
- Nanoelectronics Integrated Systems Center (NISC), NISC's vision is to be a major hub for the electronics industry in the region, promoting its growth and sustainability.
- Center for Nanotechnology (CNT)