The REGIM “Research Group over Intelligence Machines” was Founded in January 1997 under the Following code DGRST E15/C14 and was renewed under the following code DGRST 01/UR/11-02, situated in the National Engineering School of Sfax University of Sfax, Directed by professor, Adel M.Alimi.
The research activities of REGIM deal with the research and the development of intelligence machines. The life cycle of an intelligence machines is based on four principals: the intelligent process that nature has invented to assure the survival of living ceatures, modelling, learning and the development and the evolution. However, as these process are often studied in isolation the ones and the others, REGIM searches to understand and to exploit their synergies.
Particularly, Intelligence techniques are combined to develop supervisors who recognized manuscripts that know how to analyse multimedia data and can cooperate to achieve a common task.
The principal intelligence techniques used by REGIM members are neutral networks, Fuzzy logic, wavelets, and evolutionary algorithms inspired by biology (Genetics A., ants A.,…)
The team “Intelligence knowledge of figures and Manuscripts” utilizes the intelligence techniques for the theme of knowledge of manuscripts. We can introduce the following fields:
- The recognition of the Arabic writing, the knowledge of numbers, modeling of the manuscript wrinting, PDA, Arabic OCR, the signature recognition, automatic processing of cheques and mailing envelopes, the analysis of ancient documents…
- Segmentation, classification, combination of classifiers, the extraction of characteristics, advanced classification, learning…
The team “Architecture of Intelligence systems” attempts to deal with a new architecture for sophisticated systems, through the use of intelligence techniques such as:
- Parallel and distributed architectures, distributed and cooperative systems, multi-robots’ systems, mobile robots’ control, Intelligence command, chaotic systems, airborne systems, virtual laboratories (e-learning)…
- Multi-agent systems, mobile robotics, telematics, inspired systems of biology, approximative reasoning…
The team “Analysis and Intelligence processing of Multimedia data” attempts to deal with the data intelligently in several fields such as:
- Product: Information systems, camera visual angling, surgical robotic.
- Industrial vision: Images analysis through wavelets( coding, indexing, encryption, tatooage, multi-resolutions ’processing, detection and facial analysis through wavelets’ networks, multiresolutions mesh 3D)
The JOIN-MED project (231550) was co-funded by the European Community's ICT Programme under FP7 from 1/2/2009 to 31/12/2011.
© 2009-2012 Join-Med Project - All rights reserved - Designed by IT Consult GmbH